Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Axeman Speaks 7-17-08

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t agree, oh well....
.
We interrupt your regularly scheduled wrestling program for this bulletin....
.
Here's the deal: I am not going take sides or get very involved in this war of words that BT and a couple of others have started with Hollywood. Jimmy has done a fine job of defending himself and his web sites.
.
I find it odd, however, that this kind of mud slinging even happened. I don't see any of the other wrestling web sites out there attacking other sites. 1wrestling.com is not throwing darts at Pro Wrestling Insider. Georgia Wrestling History is not throwing darts at Wrestlinginc.com. I don't see WrestleView.com having a one hour radio talk show bashing another site. Just food for thought....
.
What I will address is the following post by BT:
.
"I do not plan to exclude mention of Jimmy Blaylock or his web site. I don’t plan to try to ban people from my board that would say something good about Jimmy. I will not ask my columnists and reporters to not include items they might find of interest from that site. I also, because I know there are many that read this site that don’t read his site, will continue to post the local results that his site provides that I do not have access to such as TFW, All Pro, EWP and ICWF."
.
Perhaps I am wrong, but this insinuates to me that BT is saying the columnists and writers at Wrestling News Center have been told not to post items that we find on rasslinriotonline.com. Hmmm... I didn't realize I wasn't suppose to use stuff from Rasslin Riot! So I will keep right on doing so. In fact, I posted LAW results earlier tonight, which I got from BT's site. Jimmy has not told us we can or cannot post anything. Well, he did tell me not to post certain pictures which he felt were a little too revealing of certain parts of the female anatomy, but other than that, we writers are free to post what we want. I just wanted to clear that up.
.
I am not sure why BT would even say that. Perhaps I am misinterpreting his remarks. Surely BT would not jump to that kind of a conclusion just because I did not copy anything off his site this past weekend. There was simply nothing there that I didn't already have from other sources. That's the long & short of it, pure & simple.
.
All wrestling news sites copy off each other. There's nothing wrong with that, provided proper credit is given. So it is with Rasslin Riot Online and Wrestling News Center. Period. Enough said.
.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
.
The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: