Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Axeman Speaks November 21, 2015


Picking apples about five weeks ago in Illinois. 
Couldn't get Parker to look at the camera for anything, lol!

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Wrestling News Center, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine and mine alone. However, everyone should always agree with me, because I am the quintessential example of wrestling knowledge and expertise in the most puristic form.

Greetings Axmaniacs! Surprise, gasp, yes, I am updating my column. Give me a break, it has only been three months this time, lol. This column will serve one purpose, and that is to answer emails, texts, and FB inbox messages that have been sitting here way too long.

So here we go....

Jim Bishop writes: Who do you consider to be the top ten wrestling announcers past and present? Well, Jim, you probably know me by now, and since this is my column I will give you who I consider to be the top announcers, but will not necessarily limit it to ten names. Also I am including a couple of the greatest ring announcers I have ever seen: Gordon Solie, Jim Ross, Bill Mercer, Dick Lane, Lance Russell, Dave Brown, Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby Heenan, Boyd Pierce, Howard Finkel, Gene Oakerlund, and Mike Tenay. That's more than ten, but oh well....

Janet Bishop writes: Do you think a match between Alundra Blayze and Paige will ever take place? Janet, are you related to Jim? Anyway, I would love to see it. I have always thought Alundra Blayze (Madusa, as I prefer to call her) has one more run left in her. But let's be realistic. We are talking about a WWE run, and since it is WWE, I must say no. WWE has their own agenda, and they continue to dictate what we will like without regard to what we would like. So no matter what we think, if it is not on WWE's radar, forget it. And it's not. What I really would like to see is Paige vs. a mystery opponent at Wrestlemania, and that mystery opponent turn out to be Madusa. And I would love to see Paige get her arrogant, gothic little butt whipped. But don't get your hopes up.

GeneInNewAlbany writes: OK, Axeman, give me the names of several former WWE Divas you would like to see return to WWE. This is an easy one! Trish Stratus, Mickie James, Molly Holly, Gail Kim, AJ Lee, & Maryse.

Tom Vinson writes: What ever happened to Buggy Nova? (Or have you ever even heard of her)?
Buggy Nova, now that is a name I have not heard in a while. After her brief stint with WWE in NXT, it is my understanding she went back to the west coast and is now wrestling in several of the indie organizations out there. I have been told she also turns up occasionally in the Cincinnati area. So she is still around.

Tom also writes: Is Su Yung still wrestling? Yes, her name turns up occasionally on cards around the country, namely Shine Wrestling and Battling Bombshells. I have not seen her name anywhere else, but I am sure she is wrestling elsewhere also.

Brenda Allison writes: What is the best lady custom wrestling company out there right now? That's easy. Ultimate Women's Wrestling, otherwise known as UWW. You can find 'em on Facebook.
The company is run with the utmost professionalism. You will like doing business with them.

John Todd writes (among other questions which I am not going to answer): Which current women in WWE is WWE not using correctly, in your opinion. Actually, WWE is doing better with Divas than they ever have. One mistake they made is signing sarah Stock to a contract to teach in NXT but not utilizing her, at least part of the time, on RAW or Smackdown. She is a tremendous talent which they are wasting. Now don't get me wrong, she will be an outstanding instructor in NXT, no doubt about that. But she also has much to contribute and would be a valuable addition to the Divas roster. Another female personality WWE did not use correctly is Lana. Everyone wanted to see Lana vs. Summer Rae, but WWE had other plans. Now their chance to use Lana is all but gone. They will put her back with Rusev, but we have seen that before.

While I am on my soap box, there are two members of the Divas roster that need to go, at least for a while. Now, most will probably not agree with me, but Brie and Nikki Bella have had their run and done all they can do in WWE. It is time for them to move on. They should bow out soon, while they are still on top.

Sasha Yumaguchi writes: Whatever happened to Hollywood Jim Creasy? Sorry, I never heard of him. I know of a former promoter named Steve Creasy. I know, of course of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock. And I know of Jim Casey, who has been a wrestling manager for many years, and still manages occasionally. But I know of no Jim Creasy.

MiguelinLouisiana writes: Who do you feel were/are the top announce teams in wrestling? Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan were great, as were Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross. Lance Russell and Dave Brown were, in my opinion, the best of the best.

Ashley Montgomery writes: Why do you no longer do an end of the year "best of" column? I simply do not get around to shows like I once did. There was a time I was announcing three or four times a week, and when I was not announcing I was traveling around the mid-south going to see various shows. Several years ago my work schedule got in the way, and I found myself announcing once a week and not able to see many shows. Now that I have moved to Missouri, I see little wrestling. I am no longer on top of things like I once was.

And finally, TheBEASTfromthe EAST writes: Who is the best wrestler, in your opinion, in the Mid-South area at this time? Look, I have been gone from wrestling in the Mid-South for months. From what I have seen and heard, however, Dustin Starr gets my vote. Maria gets my vote for manager/valet also. The Power Couple is the best thing going in the area, from where I sit.

That's all for now, my friends. Thanks for stopping by. If you have any comments or feedback, good or bad, email me at axemanchopchop@yahoo.com.

The Axeman has spoken.





No comments: