Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Axeman Speaks, January 29, 2007

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. The fact is, when I write it, you read it, and that’s what counts. So, love me or hate me, here we go….
.
Greetings, wrestling addicts! I see you are here for another fix of Axeman's ramblings about wrestling, so I won't keep you waiting any longer.
.
Sorry for not updating sooner. I have been busy with other projects, including my recent interview with Jerry Lawler. Check it out on Wrestling News Center (http://www.wrestlingnewscenter.com/). I really enjoyed doing that interview. I hope to do another interview with him soon. There's a lot more stuff I want to ask him about.
.
I have been bragging on TNA in previous columns, but the last several TNA Impact shows have been a disappointment. The Shark Boy in the hospital segments on the show a couple of weeks ago sucked eggs. That was so stupid. WHY do they do stupid crap like that and waste our time? The ratings, however, are going up. Am I in the minority in not liking stupid crap? Am I in the minority in wanting to see WRESTLING? TNA has so much talent on their roster. They need to showcase the talent and leave the stupid stuff out. They need to get rid of Russo, too. That crap was probably all his idea.
.
Speaking of TNA, I read on wrestlinginc.com that Gail Kim had to take some time off because she ruptured a breast implant. It seems like this is about the second or third time she has done that. Didn't she rupture at least one while she was in WWE? I really do not see why she thinks she needs them. She was gorgeous before she got them.
.
It's time for YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! This week we focus on a student nurse in Birmingham, Alabama, who found herself in an embarrassing situation. Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, this particular student nurse found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need her help to leave the hospital. After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let the student nurse wheel him to the elevator. On the way down she asked him if his wife was meeting him. "I don't know," he said. "She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown." Yep, that was stupid. I guess she figured out the hard way that it's kinda important to know who the patient is....
.
OK, back to wrestling, The Southern Saints, from TFW, are going back to Philadelphia in a few weeks to be in Chikara's 2008 King of Trios tournament. Congrats to these guys, and good luck.
.
Speaking of TFW, they will have a ladder match and a cage match on their card this Friday night in Tupelo. There is another cage match the following week. Buff Bagwell returns to TFW on April 11, 2008. Big things are happening in TFW, so come on out on Friday nights in Tupelo. You can read the complete TFW report at Wrestling News Center. All the nay-sayers can say what they want on the board, but TFW continues to have good shows week after week. They are standing tall on Friday nights in North Mississippi where all the rest have folded up.
.
Speaking of TFW, there is an individual who seems to have nothing good to say about TFW, or anyone else (except himself) for that matter, Dustin Starr. Dustin continues to take pot shots at TFW. I do not read Starr's blog as a rule, and I do not visit his web site, but I was told that he was again putting TFW down in his latest blog entry, so I took a look. Sure enough, he continues to bash TFW. WHY?! It appears that Dustin did not like the accommodations at TFW when he worked a couple of shows a few weeks ago. I am real sorry Dustin did not enjoy himself. If the accommodations at TFW are not up to his standards, if they are so God awful, why did he simply not come back after the first show? Why did he come back to work a second show a week later? I don't hear anyone else complaining. Dustin needs to stop whining and work for some organization that has accommodations which live up to his luxurious standards. Frankly, he needs to stay in Tennessee or wherever he lives and keep his over inflated ego out of Mississippi. Let him work in the Memphis area. Maybe he can get a room at the Peabody Hotel to use as his dressing room. I wonder if that would be up to his standards....
.
The following post appeared a couple of days ago on Wrestling News Center: "At RAW in Philly, a good amount of people were waiting outside the venue to try and get the wrestlers to stop their cars in hope for autograph signings and pictures after the show concluded. After many superstars sped by without a glance, (Hornswaggle was very funny to see speeding off in the parking lot) Jeff Hardy pulled over, along with his girlfriend in the car, and took pictures and signed autographs with everyone who was freezing outside for over 45 minutes. He was truly a really nice guy and was the only wrestler who acknowledged the fans. He even started to pull off, and I asked him to wait and take another picture with me and he waited even when my camera was not working. On a meaner note, Randy Orton was a passenger in a vehicle, and gave a little boy who was holding a John Cena sign the finger!" That's the difference between a professional (Jeff Hardy) and a professional ass hole (Orton). I have never liked Randy Orton. Never will. He is an extremely talented wrestler. However, his crappy attitude will eventually be his downfall.
.
Concerning my interview with Jerry Lawler, there has been some negative feedback about me saying that Wrestling News Center is better than the other guys. Well just what was I supposed to say? There is always someone trying to stir up crap and create conflict where no conflict exists. I don't hear BT complaining! In fact I received an email from him complimenting the interview, which I appreciated.
.
That's enough for now. I will try to get back to updating regularly. Thanks for reading. If you have any feedback, just email me at axemanchopchop@yahoo.com.
.
We are one column closer to the final one!
.
The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: