Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Axeman Speaks 2-13-08

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. The fact is, when Axeman writes it, you read it, and that’s what counts. So, love me or hate me, here we go….
.
Greetings, wrestling fans!
.
I sure stirred up a hornets nest with my recent comments about the opening match at the recent XOW show in Savannah. I have not gotten this much hate mail in years! All I did was tell the truth! All I did was call it like I saw it!
.
Sarge O'Riley posted the following on the message board Monday: "lol i was just reading the board, look everyone needs a brk in the bizz i was wrong for doing this but hell the kids got in there and busted their azz and as far as danny morris i have a phone he can call me not just walk in and say im here!!! that will go for anyone who walks in to an x.o.w show!! so axeman when do you want to get into the ring? you blast these guys you BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!! FAT BOY!!!!!"
.
Well, Sarge, I am broken hearted that you are so upset with my comments. But I meant every word. You should never have let those guys in the ring. If you can't take a little criticism from an old fart who tells it like it is, stay home!
.
Then Billy Russ, XOW owner, gets on the message board and says, "At first I was irritated about Axmans review because I felt it would be something that should have been put in a column (Axman Speaks) to express personal comments. I’m no stranger to criticism but in my eyes the Wrestling News Center is NOT for personal comments. The first match was a “Dark match” which we have had new workers breakout and have their first match with XOW and it will happen again. DJ Stunner, Syn, & Suicide will be getting more training and advice and they will be back. We have used Danny Morris in the past and I’m sure at some point we will again. The Candy Man and a couple of other workers were also at the show and they wasn’t used either. A decision was made and we had to stick to it. Not all decisions are going to be right and not everyone is going to be happy. Axman can write what he wants but until he is the one paying the bills I’m going to stick with the decisions that are made if it’s a good call or bad call." Well, Billy, I like you, and I have no real beef with you, so I am not gonna be too hard on you. You and Sarge both completely missed the point I was trying to make about Danny Morris. As far as your remark about expressing personal comments on the news board, your point is well taken. I actually agree with you!
.
Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock just had to get in on the action. He had this to say: "First of all... I Hate Axeman... BUT the truth of the matter is... if you can't take a little criticism when you first start out in wrestling then you need to get out of it.... WHAT?? Axeman should lie and post he liked the match when he didn't.... Saying they need WRESTLING GEAR is the TRUTH... Axeman knocks me from time to time but I don't get mad about it... get over it and get better in the ring and buy wrestling gear and I'm sure the reviews will be better..."
.
Well, Jimmy, what you said is true, BUT... who asked you to put your two cents worth in? You start off by saying you hate me. Then you are defending me? You just can't stand not being involved, so you involve yourself. That's just plain pathetic. It's obvious you don't have enough to do.
.
OK, on to other things....
.
There has been some speculation about the TNA knockouts getting their own one hour show. However, it does not look like this will happen, at least not any time soon. I am glad they are not getting their own show. The TNA knockouts are the hottest thing going in TNA right now. Ratings for their segments on TNA broadcasts are higher than any other segments. That's because TNA is giving their viewers just enough to keep the knockouts special. To give them their own show would lead to the TNA knockouts quickly becoming over-exposed. The new would wear off. The knockouts would no longer be anything special. TNA is wise to continue to use the knockouts on a limited basis, just enough to keep the viewers coming back for more.
.
I was not surprised to read that OVW and WWE are parting ways. This had been coming for weeks. WWE has slowly been shifting their developmental talent to FCW for months. Do not be surprised if TNA enters into a developmental relationship with OVW in the near future, once the WWE guys are gone. This would be a win - win situation for both organizations. I hope they can pull it off.
.
That’s all for this week. If you have any feedback or whatever send it to axemanchopchop@yahoo.com.
.
We are closer than ever to the final column.
.
The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: