Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Axeman Speaks 7-13-09


The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t agree, oh well....

The photo above is of my grandson, Wesley. I am so proud of him!

Greetings, friends & naeghbors!

For the first time in a long time, I've got enough email that I can devote an entire column to answering them. I have not done this for a very long time, so here we go!

John Todd, from Thaxton, MS, sent in several questions (By the way, John, I have corrected the spelling and grammar errors in your email):

Who do you feel is the best lady wrestler of all time? I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Moolah was the best. No female wrestling star has had such a long and successful run as Moolah did. If Trish Stratus had stayed around, I think her career could have been just as successful and long as Moolah's was.

Who do you feel is the best looking wrestling diva in wrestling today? Well, first of all, I don't like to call them divas, no matter what WWE may choose to call them. I prefer to call them lady wrestlers or female wrestlers. So - you really want me to pick out ONE female wrestler out of all the gorgeous ladies wrestling today?! I guess it would be Maryse. However, there is a lady wrestling in this area for several INDY organizations that I would rank right up there, and that is Su Yung.

Who are the top ten divas in wrestling today? Well, as I see it, the top ten FEMALE WRESTLERS today are (in no particular order): Melina, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Maryse, Gail Kim, Angelina Love, Daffney, Taylor Wilde, Velvet Skye, ODB, Roxxi. Oops, that's eleven - oh well, you decide who you want to eliminate from the list.

Who is the roughest, meanest, toughest woman in wrestling? I would have to say Tasha Simone. I think she can go toe to toe with almost anyone, male or female.

Who is the ugliest female in wrestling today? Well, three come to mind - ODB, Kong, and Mae Young. Mae Young is disqualified because she is retired. And the winner is: ODB.

Which diva(s) have the most potential to become super stars? The FEMALE WRESTLER that I think has the most potential is Kelly Kelly.

OK, John, those are my opinions. If any readers have different opinions, I would like for you to share them with us. Email them to me or leave a comment to this post.

Rusty Patterson wants to know why we never see Jim Cornette in TNA now. You've got me! As far as I am concerned he is a creative genius. He can do some of the best promos of anyone in the business. Cornette joined TNA in
2006, but I have not seen him on TNA Impact in a long time. I assume he is still with the organization as a producer, but I don't know for sure. I am surprised that Coenette and Vince Russo have been able to peacefully co-exist in TNA at all, but that's a topic for another time. Check out Jim Cornette's web site at http://www.jimcornette.com/ for more information.

And Lastly, Bruce Santee sends this rant: Axeman, do you seriously ask us to believe that EWP will be able to last for long on TV? They have a crappy show, they have crappy workers, thay have a crappy building, they have crappy bookers, and crappy ownership. They also have a crappy announcer, and I am talking about YOU, fat ass. Why would they even bother? I would be embarassed to put that crap on TV. The cost alone will kill them. Who does EWP think they're kidding and why do they even bother? First of all, I have inserted some punctuation, capital letters, and sentence structure into your email, which was just one continuous sentence. I also know of only one organization that goes by EWP, and they are not in Mississippi. I assume you mean Extreme Pro Wrestling (EPW). I hope with all my heart that they do well with their TV venture. EPW management realizes that they are going to have to kick it up a notch, and they realize they are going to have to put a quality product on TV if they are going to be successful. You attacked everyone in the EPW organization. Have you even been to an EPW show lately? Yes, there is a lot of room for improvement, but they have had some very good shows. They have a new booker, and there are some different workers coming in. The building is not the nicest, but it is not the worst I have ever seen. In the coming weeks there are going to be some changes to the building. I also will not say anything negative about the owners of EPW. They are good people who are doing their very best. Do I agree with everything? Nope. But I have never been anywhere that I agreed with everything. EPW has come a long way from the mess things were in a year ago when Edith took over. As far as your comments about me, I will certainly not say I am the best announcer in the world. I know I am not. However, I will continue to do my best to help EPW in any way I can, as an announcer or in any other way. If EPW wants to bring someone else in, they are welcome to do so, and they know that. As far as the cost of the broadcasts, their sponsorship is adequate at this time to cover the cost. Why don't you watch two or three shows on TV, and THEN email me with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. The first show airs this coming Wednesday night at 10:30 p.m. on MY MS TV.

That's all for this time, wrestleholics! If you have any feedback or comments or whatever, you can email me at axemanchopchop@yahoo.com, or you can leave a comment here. Whether you love me or hate me, the fact is you read the column, and that's what is important. Thanks for dropping by.

The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: