Monday, May 28, 2012

The Axeman Speaks - May 28, 2012


Happy Memorial Day! Please remember, Memorial Day is a day set aside to remember the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. So take a few minutes to reflect and remember. And, please be safe!

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Wrestling News Center, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone, unless otherwise stated. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. Either way, you're gonna read this, and that's what is important.

Ladies gentlemen, boys girls, children of all ages... It's time for a very rare edition of Axeman Speaks! Yeah, I know I have not written a column since February. I do, however, have a few things on my mind, so here it comes, ready or not, like it or not....


Several weeks ago I met two ladies at EPW in Booneville. They worked at EPW that night, having been at Magnificent ladies Wrestling in Memphis earlier that day. Both of them impressed me - a lot. However, one of them, Vision (photos above - Photo Credit: Brian Reese), looked familiar, but I just could not figure out where I had seen her before. Later, after she sent me some bio information, I realized she is the Vision that wrestled for Sammy Hall's promotion, Bad Boys, years ago, and also in IWF, as well as several promotions in south Mississippi. I remember several matches she had back then with Lady Vixen, and one in particular when she defeated Vixen for the IWF Women's title.

Vision has just recently gotten back into wrestling after having been out of the business for nine years. I can tell she still loves wrestling and is glad to be back. Her work at EPW was very impressive. Frankly, I was surprised to hear she had been out for that long, because she has not missed a beat. I want to welcome Vision back to wrestling, and I hope to see her at EPW again very soon.



Another young lady I met that night at EPW is Mackenzie York (pictured above - Photo Credit: Brian Reese). This gal impressed me from the start. She is not only gorgeous, she is very talented. She has been wrestling since 2007, and is very, very good at it. In fact, she is talented enough that she can go a long, long way in pro wrestling if that is what she wants. It is obvious she has a genuine love for the business and a real desire to succeed. I predict big things for Mackenzie York in the future.

It is my understanding that both Vision and Mackenzie York will be working for Magnificent Ladies Wrestling in Memphis again in the near future. As soon as I find out exactly when, I will let you know. Wrestling promotions, if you are looking to book ladies, I recommend these two.

OK, on to other matters....


Speaking of Magnificent Ladies Wrestling, I strongly recommend that you go to http://www.magnificentladieswrestling.com/ and check out the line-up for their June 23 taping in Memphis. Then check out the download section - there are over 700 ladies matches that are available for download, including some with Mackenzie York. Then, order a custom match - you be the booker, you write the script, you have it your way! If you love ladies wrestling like I do, you owe it to yourself to check this site out!

OK, to answer a couple of emails:

Donald Rand writes: "I am new to Tupelo - moved here from Nashville - and was wondering if there is any GOOD wrestling in the Lee county area."
OK, there are currently four organizations operating in the area:
EPW in Booneville, MS, on Highway 145, every Saturday night, 8pm.
TFW in Tupelo (Skyline), MS, on Highway 178 East, every Saturday night, 8pm.
AIWF Intense, not sure when their next event is, check www.wrestlingnewscenter.com for info.
OWO, next event June 1 at East Amory Community Center in Amory, MS.
Check these groups out. I will leave it to you to decide which are "good" and which are not.

Lela Bell writes: "Who do you think is the best female wrestler (currently active) NOT in TNA or WWE?
Tasha Simone, without a doubt.

Lela also writes: Who was better, Trish Stratus, Madusa, or Wendi Richter?
Oh geez! All three were great! If you forced me to choose between those three, it would have to be Trish. But all three were great. Different styles, different eras, but all three were great.

That's all for this round. If you have any feedback send it to axemanchopchop@yahoo.com. Thanks for stopping by!

The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: