Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Axeman Speaks 11-21-2013



The photo above is my wife and I with our newest grandchild, Parker. I am truly blessed.

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Wrestling News Center, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine and mine alone.

My friend, Downtown Bruno, recently sent in some comments, which were posted here at Wrestling News Center. One of those comments had to do with the fact that I have not been updating this column regularly. He's right, of course, I have not updated like I should. I promise to do better.

Bruno also said the following:
"The web-site is sooo much better without the message board, isnt it? Nobody putting down Vixen and the rest anymore. Shes a nice, intelligent young lady, who did not deserve the constant negativity, period."

First of all, the bathroom wall is finally history, and I agree with Bruno, it is about time! It was nothing but a crapping spot for those who wanted to sling s**t and start trouble.

I also agree with Bruno 100% about Vixen. I have known her and followed her wrestling career for a long time. She IS a very nice person. She IS smart, and the fact is, she's gorgeous, too! She did not deserve all the crap that was posted about her. Our paths still cross once in a while, and it is always good to see her. She's come a long way, and I admire her for the way she handled all that foolishness - with dignity and professionalism. OK, on to other things....

I honestly thought TNA was finished a few weeks ago when rumors began about the company being for sale. Now it appears they might not be for sale, but just might make one more effort to turn tings around. They finally, at long last, have gotten rid of Hogan and Bischoff, and the improvement is already noticeable. Now they need to bring back Jim Cornette and Dutch Mantell, and they just might be able to save the organization. Oh, and they should re-build the Knockouts Division and once again make it a major part of every show. The Knockouts Division is one of the main reasons TNA saw so much success in the pre-Hogan/Bischoff era. Bring back Roxy Leveaux. Bring back Kong. Bring back Mickie James. Bring back Tara. Along with Gail Kim, those girls can get it done!

Jonathan Hopkins recently sent me a text, asking who I thought the best announcer in indy wrestling in the Mid-South is. That is a tough one. I have to say it is probably Al Hall, although he does not announce nearly often enough these days.

Now on a personal note... I am getting old, folks. I have been having some serious issues with my health, and finally had things checked out. I have been told that I have some heart issues that must be dealt with. Therefore I will be having a heart cath done this Friday morning, 11-20, at North Mississippi Medical Center here in Tupelo, to open up some blocked arteries, either with stents or by balloon angioplasty. So I will be out of commission for a few days, but I can assure you I am not finished yet. I will be back.

I wrote this poem over 10 years ago. I have published it before, but here it is again. It pretty much sums things up. I am not finished yet because I'm still having fun.

I CAN'T QUIT NOW!
 
I once thought I was invinceable,
that nothing could ever stop me.
I once thought I was king of the world,
and nobody could ever top me.
I once thought I was immortal,
that I would live forever.
I thought I had it all figured out,
I was bright, and smart, and clever.
And now I find those thoughts of mine
are growing rather cold.
No matter how hard I resist, my friends,
I'm really getting old.
No longer am I invinceable,
I'm smarter than that now.
I will never be king of the world,
I figured that out somehow.
Immortality has eluded me,
there's nothing I can do.
All the things I had figured out,
I mostly figured wrong, too.
When I look back upon my youth,
the mistakes of my past,
It's hard for me to understand
how I made it this far, this fast.
But I'm not finished yet, my friend,
I have more races to run.
No, I can't quit running now,
'cause I'm still havin' fun!
 
The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: