Sunday, September 9, 2007

Axeman Speaks 9-10-07




The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. The fact is, when I write it, you all read it, whether you agree with it or not, and that's what it's all about.



Greetings, Axeman fans! Lots to talk about this week, so We'll get right to it....




We will start this column off by talking about Chaotic Championship Wrestling (CCW). Yeah, that's right, Steve Creasy's on again, off again effort to promote wrestling shows. You may recall that, several months ago, Creasy made an announcement that CCW would be back in September. At that time I said I didn't think Creasy should bring CCW back, because he would just eventually pull the plug like he has in the past - several times. I also made the comment that Creasy would find it hard to build a fan base again, and that I would be surprised that he could find anyone to work for him, based on his actions in the past. Creasy responded by saying he was coming back in September, and he asked me to attend a show and give an honest critique of the show, which I agreed to do. Well, it is now September, and we have heard nothing from Steve Creasy about CCW. Has he decided to take my advice and not bring CCW back? If so, that's a good thing. I still think wrestling is better off without him. If he does intend to run, however, he needs to make some kind of announcement of what his plans are.




There is a new wrestling organization set to debut the first weekend in October. All Mississippi Wrestling (AMW) will start off with a show in Batesville, MS, on Saturday night, October 6, 2007. I will have more information as to who is on the card in the near future. I wish this group much success.




Let's talk about Golden Triangle Wrestling (GTW) down in West Point, MS. I recently read, in a post by BT at http://www.rasslinriotonline.com/, that a number of individuals have left GTW. The post reads, "I had removed Golden Triangle Wrestling from the Shows of The Weekend list, because I was not sure who was still working there. I heard rumors of who left and such, but I did get confirmation a few moments ago that Chris Styles, Shawn Reed, Anita Paige, Hunter Montgomery Jackson, Tony Dabbs, Josh Matthews, and Joey Lynn have all left the promotion. Still remaining are Justin Reed, Jake Prentiss, Chris Chaos, OMEGA, LSD, Lady Reb, Devon Raynes, and BB. They're bringing in Destiny, Bloodbath, Kaleb Kastle, and Vinnie the Blade. So, pretty much all their good workers are gone. Justin Reed is now the new booker for the promotion, taking over for Chris Styles." I talked with Joey Lynn briefly at the TFW show recently, and he told me that those who left GTW did so due to other bookings and commitments, but most, if not all, would eventually be back. So, there you have it, from the horse's mouth, they're only gone for a while.




Imagine my surprise and shock when I received a call about mid-morning on Saturday, telling me that Bill Dundee had died from a heart attack in Savannah, TN, Friday night. Well, I am happy to report that Bill Dundee is alive and well. In fact, I understand he wrestled on a card Saturday night... unless, of course, that was his ghost! LOL!




Quote of the week: "They cut to the back when 9 guys were brawling in the ring. We never came back to them, and nothing was ever mentioned about them again. Are we not supposed to care what happened to them? If not... mission accomplished, TNA, WE DON'T!!!!" -- Lance Storm @ StormWrestling.com, commenting on TNA Impact broadcast 8-30-07.




Another quote I found worthy of passing along: "I hope that the fans understand if they are strong and unite they can stop having bad talent shoved down their throat. If you demand something long enough even the WWE will be forced to listen to you." -- "The Big Cheese" Sal Corrente, Sept 4th 2007, @ http://www.rasslinriotonline.com/.




Speaking of Sal Corrente, several people have asked me what I think of the $10,000.00 "offer" he recently made in his column on BT's site (link is posted above).


For the record, Corrente said, "As a final note I would like to make one more appearance on Memphis Wrestling. I want to challenge Jerry Lawler, Corey Maclin and two other wrestlers who I will not name at this time to take a lie detector test. If they pass the lie detector test I will give them $10,000.00. I would have this all handled legally so they would be assured to get their money. I also want to define passing the test, they would have to answer all questions truthfully and the answers would have to support the statements that Jerry Lawler made under oath in court. In the case of the two unnamed wrestlers all they would have to do is to testify to Jerry Lawler’s intentions were that night. It’s very simple if no lies have been told. I would also make a very definite condition that Corey Maclin and Jerry Lawler would both have to take the test. If I am Corey Maclin I would think this could be the highest rated show for Memphis Wrestling in recent years. Just think about it Jerry Lawler being hooked up to a lie detector and asked questions. Now Corey please feel free to make all the smart ass comments and or try to turn this into angle. I am sure the City of Memphis and the wrestling world will look forward to your response."


Now, my first impression was that Corrente was truly shooting. I thought to myself, Lawler & Maclin have got to take Corrente up on this! If they don't, they will look guilty! If they don't take sal up on this offer they're crazy. Sal is absolutely putting his money where his mouth is! However, after giving it some thought, I have decided that Sal is just trying to get some extra mileage out of an incident that is now old news. Corrente is a master at getting publicity, and at milking angles for everything they are worth, and such is the case with Maclin & Lawler here. It is old news. Sal lost. Maclin & Lawler have not taken the bait, and if they have not done so by now, I think it's obvious they are not going to. It's over. Sal needs to let it be, but he will probably come up with another way to milk this angle for even more publicity.


For the record, I must say that Sal Corrente is a good writer. I enjoy reading his stuff.


It's time for another edition of YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! This week, we are focusing on Mary Ann Baxter of Seattle, Washington, who walked into a hair salon with her husband and three kids in tow and asked loudly, "How much do you charge for a shampoo and a blow job?" Yeah, that was a stupid thing to ask, but it gave a lot of people a good laugh. Her red faced husband, by the way, didn't say anything. He obviously knew better....


On to the nick Hogan situation. It was reported on just about every site on the Internet that Nick may have been racing, and that he was possibly racing a silver Dodge Viper. Because Hulk Hogan owns a silver Dodge Viper, there was all kinds of speculation that Nick was really racing his dad when the wreck occurred. When the dust cleared, however, it turns out that the driver of the silver Viper was Danny Jacobs, a friend of Nick Hogan's passenger, John Graziano. It also appears, from all reports I have read, that they were not racing. John Graziano, at this time, is still hospitalized. If he does not make a full recovery, Hulk Hogan could be in for a very lengthy and expensive legal battle, because Nick is a minor, making the Hulkster liable for the actions of his son. I hope he has a very, very good insurance policy.


By the way, what has happened to GQ Maxim? He has been very quiet lately. Could it be that he has realized that he will never win a war of words with Axeman?


This week's humor was sent in by Lewis & Cynthia Crossley from Spring, Texas:


The Sweetness of Married Life

A couple had only been married for two weeks and the husband, although very
much in love, couldn't wait to go out on the town and party with his old
buddies. So, he said to his new wife, "Honey, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going, Coochy Coo?" asked the wife.

"I'm going to the bar, Pretty Face," he answered. "I'm going to have a beer."

The wife said, "You want a beer, my love?" She opened the door to the
refrigerator and showed him 25 different kinds of beer, brands from 12
different countries: Germany, Holland, Japan, Mexico, etc.

The husband didn't know what to do, and the only thing that he could think
of saying was, "Yes, Lollipop... but at the bar... you know...they have
frozen glasses..."

He didn't get to finish the sentence, because the wife interrupted him by
saying, "You want a frozen glass, Puppy Face?" She took a huge beer mug out
of the freezer, so frozen that she was getting chills just holding it.

The husband, looking a bit pale, said, "Yes, Tootsie Roll, but at the bar
they have those hors d'oeuvres that are really delicious... I won't be long.
I'll be right back. I promise. OK?"

"You want hors d'oeuvres, Poochie Pooh?" She opened the oven and took out 5
dishes of different hors d'oeuvres: chicken wings, pigs in blankets,
mushroom caps, and little quiches.

"But my sweet honey... at the bar.... you know there's swearing, dirty words
and all that..."

"You want dirty words, Cutie Pie? LISTEN UP, CHICKEN SHIT! SIT YOUR ASS DOWN,
SHUT THE HELL UP, DRINK YOUR BEER IN YOUR FROZEN MUG, AND EAT YOUR HORS
D'OEUVRES, BECAUSE YOUR MARRIED ASS AIN'T GOING TO A DAMNED BAR! THAT SHIT IS OVER, GOT IT, JACKASS?"

and...they lived happily ever after.


I was surprised to read on wrestleview.com and rasslinriot.com that Booker T, aka King Booker, quit WWE after being suspended for 60 days. I am not unhappy, however, that he is gone. I was just about sick to death of the King Booker angle, and just as tired on Queen Charmelle. Booker has business interests in Houston, Texas, and also has a couple of wrestling schools. Booker is using TNA talent at his shows in Texas, and it would not surprise me in the least to see him turn up in TNA at some point in the future, when he is out from under his WWE contract and the no-compete clause it is sure to contain.


Shooter Steve posted the following on the message board at hollywoodjimmy.com: "Oh and as for the AWA/SCW debate, it doesn't matter 'cause it will be dead and gone by Christmas. Another money mark without a clue who will lose his ass and get the hell out. Enjoy while you can boys." Well, Steve, all I can say is that I think you are WRONG! Hollywood is booking the show, and he has one of the most creative minds in professional wrestling, even if he is a low down, cheating scoundrel. The group drew 150 Friday night, and 200 Saturday night from what I have read. That is excellent, considering the organization has not been running but a few weeks. This group is going to go a long, long way, and it will only get bigger and better, as long as HJB is involved with it.


That's the way I see things this week.


We are one column closer to the last time The Axeman will speak. When will that be? When the time comes, you will be the first to know.


The Axeman has spoken.


No comments: