Monday, December 31, 2007

The Axeman Speaks 12-31-07


The opinions expressed in this column (just like all the rest) do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, only mine. So, dear readers, if you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. The fact is, I writes it, you reads it, and that’s what counts. So, love me or hate me, here we go….
.
Greetings wrestling addicts!
.
First of all, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Please be safe out there, and don't party too hard.
.
I read Trent Van Drisse's account of what happened to him at the SAW show Friday night in Millersville. If you have not read it, check it out on Mid-Southern Wrestling message board.
.
Here's a link to Trent's board: http://members3.boardhost.com/Trent36/
.
Apparently a couple of folks there did not like something Trent posted on his board. Apparently they felt like it was an invasion of someone's privacy. The funny thing was that the two that cussed him out for posting the story were not even involved with the incident the story was about. It was not about them. It did not involve them. But they apparently, from what Trent said in his account of the ordeal, took it upon themselves to be the message board police.
.
That incident is typical of what is wrong with indy wrestling today in the Mid-South. Two extremely unprofessional individuals decided to beat their chests and make asses of themselves. Trent posted the story. There was nothing wrong with that. It's not like Trent broke the story. It was published on various other places. He didn't take sides. He just posted information that was accurate, factual, and newsworthy. The fact is that Trent had every right to publish the story.
.
These two non-professionals seemingly stuck their noses into someone else's business. The actions of these two individuals certainly did not make for good publicity for SAW (which seems to me to be a pretty good group) or wrestling in general.
.
As a result of this incident, Trent says that he is not going to any more shows, at least for the foreseeable future.
.
I hope you change your mind, Trent. If you let the conduct of a couple of unprofessional clods keep you away from something you enjoy, in this case it's wrestling, then you have given them a victory of sorts. You did nothing wrong that I can see. Shoot, I've been yelled at, threatened, cussed out, had things thrown at me, and my car has been vandalized because of stories I posted and things I have said in my column. But I love wrestling, and I will not let a few idiots keep me away from what I enjoy doing. I have said it before, and I say it again, I do not have heat with anyone. Life is too short. So, I hope that you will keep going to shows as often as you can. Don't let a couple of non-professionals spoil it for you.
.
I hope that, when the dust settles, these two individuals will see that they handled the situation improperly. I hope, when they come to that realization, that they contact Trent and make things right.
.
My wish for the New Year for everyone involved in wrestling is that you HAVE HEAT WITH NO ONE. If you have problems with someone, face each other like adults and work it out. Life is too short to carry grudges. Let brotherly love continue (Heb. 13:1). Speak not evil of one another, brethren (James 4:11).
.
That's all for this time.
.
Oh, by the way, here's a little tidbit of information for you to ponder: One of the organizations in north Mississippi that shut down several months ago is returning in February. Which group is it? Well, you'll know when the time is right!
.
We are one column closer to the final one.
.
The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: