Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Axeman Speaks December 14, 2007

My grandson, Isaak

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. The fact is, when Axeman writes it, you read it, and that’s what counts!
.
Greetings, wrestling junkies! I see you are here for another wrestling fix, so I won't keep you waiting any longer.
.
I read on wrestlinginc.com that Jake "the Snake" Roberts has entered rehab to get himself cleaned up. I hope he is successful. Roberts has been battling his demons for years, and I hope he can win the battle this time around. He can be an asset to professional wrestling if he can keep his head straight. That's IF he can stay away from the alcohol and the drugs, and I truly hope he can. Kudos to Vince McMahon and WWE for paying for the rehab. Roberts is the first former WWE star to take WWE up on their offer to pay for rehab for former WWE stars who need it.
.
It seems that WWE is serious about enforcing their drug policies. That is a good thing. It's about time WWE cleaned up their act as far as enforcing their drug policy. I do wonder, however, if they are enforcing it without exception. There are some guys who I believe have used steroids, but have not (to my knowledge) ever been called on the carpet for it. Time will tell the full story, however.
.
It has been reported on numerous sites, including wrestlingnewscenter.com, that Bobby "the Brain" Heenan will be having surgery to replace the bone in his jaw, which was destroyed by radiation therapy during his cancer treatments. The doctors will take bone from his shin and thigh and use it to construct a new jaw bone. The procedure will require that he be kept in a coma for several days after the surgery. Needless to say, that's a somewhat dangerous thing to have to go through, and I wish him well. He is in my thoughts and prayers. It would be great if, at some point in the future, Heenan could once again get involved and do some stuff in wrestling, if only on a limited basis. In my opinion, Heenan is THE best heel announcer pro wrestling has ever seen.
.
According to a post on wrestlinginc.com, Molly Holly is returning to the ring for Northern Impact Wrestling on Saturday, February 2nd, in Cottage Grove MN. This will be her first match since "retiring" from WWE a couple of years ago. I hope it is the first of many more. She is a very talented individual, and is one of the nicest, classiest ladies pro wrestling has ever seen. I do hope she gets involved in wrestling again. You know the old saying, once wrestling is in your blood, it's always in your blood. I think she'll be back.
.
Internet reports say that Scott Hall is suffering from depression. That is the reason being reported for Hall missing the TNA Turning Point PPV event a few weeks ago, and led to him being immediately dumped by TNA. Well, I am sorry to hear about his depression. I would not wish that on anyone, and I hope he gets better. That being said, in my opinion it is no excuse for his actions. Hall should have never come to TNA in the first place if he was not emotionally able to cope with things going on in his life. He shafted TNA. He shafted his friend Kevin Nash. Unfortunately, he also shafted himself. I doubt any wrestling organization of any consequence will never use him again, and rightfully so. That is sad, but he brought it on himself.
.
It is unfortunate that Karen Angle will be out of action for a while due to a broken leg. There are actually conflicting reports as to whether it was her ankle or her leg that was broken. Either way, she will be out for quite a while. She added a lot to the shows. I wish her a speedy recovery.
.
OK, everyone else has commented on Monday's 15th Anniversary RAW show, so I will throw my two cents worth in also.
.
First of all, I enjoyed the show. I really enjoyed seeing a lot of the former WWE stars. Over all, I thought it was a really good show. Apparently, the fans liked it also, because it did a much higher rating than usual. That should send a clear message to Vince and everybody else in WWE as to what the fans want. Are you listening, Vince?
.
I very much enjoyed seeing RVD. I would like to see him back in WWE. All things are possible!
.
One thing I did NOT like about the show was the fact that Sunny had such a small role. She looked GREAT! I think everyone wanted more. I hope WWE or TNA picks her up and gives her another run. It is obvious that she has gotten her act together.
.
What was the deal with Hogan's Macho Man reference? Is that a hint of something to come in the future? Hogan vs. Savage @ Wrestlemania?
.
Foley resurrecting Mankind was fun to watch. But then, Foley doing anything is usually fun to watch.
.
Did anyone notice the lack of crowd reaction to Marty Jannetty? That was surprising. Quite a difference from his last RAW appearance.
.
Bischoff should have stayed home. I was completely unimpressed with his segment with Chris Jericho. Frankly, I have been less than impressed with Y2J since his return. Maybe he will get better, but I am not impressed so far.
.
Has anyone ever seen Trish Stratus look better? She looked great! I really hope she will come back one day. Maybe walking down that ramp and hearing that crowd will stir that desire to return. Once it's in your blood....
.
Has anyone ever seen Lita look worse? Maybe it's just me, but I thought she looked bad. She's a great entertainer, however. I would have loved to see Lita & Trish in a match.
.
Rhodes & Holly winning the tag team belts... I have mixed feelings about that one. I do like Rhodes & Holly, but I question whether Rhodes should be wearing gold this early in his career. Cade & Murdoch are a great tag team, and I thought they should have kept the belts a while longer. Of course, it does not matter worth a rat's behind to WWE what I think, but, for what it's worth, that's my opinion.
.
Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock recently did some entertaining in the nursing home. After he had finished, a little old lady was running up and down the halls in a nursing home. As he walked down the hall toward the door, she ran up to him and flipped up the hem of her nightgown, exposing herself, and said, "Super sex!" Hollywood, somewhat taken aback, stood there silently for a moment or two and finally answered, "I'll take the soup."
.
It's time, once again, for YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. This week we focus on Michael Anderson Godwin. He spent several years on death row awaiting South Carolina's electric chair on a murder conviction before having his sentence reduced to life in prison. While sitting on a metal toilet in his cell attempting to fix his small TV set, he bit into a wire and was electrocuted.
.
Kudos to Gene Jackson and Neil Taylor on an excellent interview on Cheap Heat Radio Thursday night. Very entertaining, guys.
.
That’s all for this week. If you have any responses, feedback, criticism, compliments, or whatever, send ‘em to axemanchopchop@yahoo.com, or just leave a comment to this post. I will do my best to reply to all messages.
.
We are one column closer to the final one.
.
The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: