Monday, June 2, 2014

The Axeman Speaks 6-2-2014

 The photo above is my Grand daughter, Harley, taken a few days ago during my trip to St. Louis.
 Isn't she a doll? I am truly blessed!

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Wrestling News Center, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine and mine alone.

Greetings, wrestling fans! Two columns on the same day?! I know, I have not updated in a while, so you get two columns in one day.

This column will address a situation that has recently occurred in indy wrestling in this area that I find absolutely absurd.

It will never cease to amaze me when so called "professional" wrestlers do things that are completely unprofessional. It has been said, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Yet time and time again I have seen some young punk so called "wrestler" do just that. One such "wrestler" calls himself Chris Cade.

I first saw Chris Cade at a TFW show a couple of years ago at Skyline. I only announced a few times for TFW after Wayne sold the company, and I believe it was at TFW's last show in Skyline that some of that bunch of idiots beat the holy hell out of Chris Cade. Totally ridiculous. Totally uncalled for. I walked away from the building that night after the show shaking my head in disbelief.

Not long after that Chris Cade showed up in EPW. He quickly became a fan favorite there, and eventually wore the EPW Championship belt for a while. He seemed to be doing well. He seemed happy to be there. He had gotten a push, held the EPW title for a while, and all seemed good.

Somewhere along the way Chris Cade became dissatisfied, apparently, with the way things were going. He apparently decided to leave EPW for another promotion. That's his choice. Well and good. He could have left the right way. He could have left on good terms, especially considering the way he was done wrong by TFW and treated right by EPW. But instead, Chris Cade decided to burn a bridge with EPW when he actually sent a death threat to the booker at EPW, Kross. Now this was not a face to face threat. This was something that was apparently sent to Kross via a text message. Chris Cade was not man enough or professional enough to say what he wanted to say face to face, he took the chicken way out. By handling things the way he did, Chris showed his true colors.

I am sure some of you have watched the response posted on facebook by Kross. I will not go into that, except to say that I hope Chris Cade can grow a set and accept the challenge issued by Kross. Chris, come get in the ring with Kross and settle things. Of course, you won't do that. At the very least, apologize for your actions. I doubt that will happen either.

I wish you well, Chris Cade, at the promotion in Tennessee where you are currently wrestling. Perhaps, while you are there, you will learn something about professionalism. Perhaps you will learn not to bite the hand that feeds you. Perhaps you will learn not to burn bridges.

I leave you with the following, which I wrote several years ago. Think about it, Chris.

WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS

How will you react today
when something doesn't go your way?
Will you speak kind words to those you meet
while you're walking on the street?
Will you be kind to those close to you today,
or will you angrily push them away?
Will you be angry when mistakes are made,
speaking words that belittle or degrade?
What kind of example do you want to be
to those around you, namely me?
Will you practice what you say you believe,
or will you bite the hand that feeds?
Anger is an awful thing,
it causes sadness, it causes pain.
So, how will you react today
when some little thing doesn't go your way?
You, my friend, are the only one
who determines your reaction when adversity comes.
Will you react with anger, will you yell and shout,
putting me down and cussing me out?
Tonight, friend, when you go to bed
will you go regretting what you have said?
Did your reaction reflect what you say you believe,
or have you once again bitten the hand that feeds?
copyright 2005 by Randy Boyd

The Axeman has spoken.

No comments: